Yield: about 4 cups
- 1 Gallon Whole Milk
- 1 pt. Heavy Cream
- 1 qt. Buttermilk
- ½ t. Salt
- In a nonreactive(stainless steel, not aluminum) saucepan over low heat milk, buttermilk, salt and cream to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- ŸLine a chinois with cheesecloth and pour tepid mixture through, allowing the whey to drain through.
- ŸAllow to stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes
- Ÿ Turn out onto plate and cover with waxed paper or put in non reactive bowl and cover.
- Ÿ This is best eaten the day it's made but will last 1 week in the refrigerator.